The Chaliyar is a peaceful river which originates from the Elambalari Hills in the Wayanad plateau and empties in the Lakshadweep Sea. Upholding the cause of conservation of this river, Chaliyaar River Challenge by Clean Rivers Initiative facilitated by Jellyfish Watersports, came up with the idea of Kayaking for a cause.
Chaliyar River Challenge is a 3 days and 70 kms paddling event in the Chaliyar river organised by a group of professional kayakers. Chaliyar River Challenge aims at promoting the many recreational and adventurous ways this river can be used. It also aims at initiating a connection between the river and youngsters, school children and families. The event will be flagged off from Nilambur on 23rd of September and will conclude at Beypore on 25th of September.
Why should you be a part of the Chaliyar River Challenge?
- You get to navigate and kayak down some of the picturesque waterways of our country.
- You get to kayak with someone who holds the Limca book of records for solo kayaking in India and two medals for rowing at Asian level.
- You will be instrumental in supporting and spreading our cause of river conservation.
- Delicious and scrumptious meals with stays will be taken care off.
- Most importantly, you don’t have to be a professional kayaker. Even if you are a beginner, you can embark on this adventure with us.
So come and rejoice in the beauty and splendor of this river while kayaking for a cause.
How to Participate
- Express your interest by registering for the activity by filling the registration form.
- On being selected you will receive a customized link which you have to include in your blog post.
- Write a blog post on any of the below mentioned themes:
- Tell us how this Clean River Initiative of “Kayaking for a cause” will help in spreading awareness about keeping the rivers clean.
- The Chaliyar River – Before / Now / After
- The changing face of Kayaking in India. ( Use references Paddle Hard India, Jellyfish Watersports)
- You can use these documents and photos as a reference for writing your blog post
- Share your blog post with 3 tweets and 3 posts on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #ChaliyarRiverChallenge.
- Send in the links to your blog post and your social media posts through the submission form.
- Start promoting your blog post and get maximum unique views on the customised link we send you
- Please read the Terms and Conditions thoroughly before participating
- Register for the activity here.
- Get the customised link from AdventureN and include it in your blog post.
- The minimum word limit for each blog post is 600 words.
- Each blogger can submit a maximum two entries for this activity.
- The deadline for this activity is midnight, 15th September, 2016.
- Please include the following line in your blog post “I am participating in the Chaliyar River Challenge activity at AdventureN in association with Jellyfish Watersports”
- The above mentioned line along with the links should be active on your blog/website for a period of one year.
- Include the #ChaliyarRiverChallenge and embed this Video in your blog post for your entry to be considered valid.
- Share your blog post with 3 tweets and 3 posts on Twitter and Facebook with the #ChaliyarRiverChallenge.
- Only entries submitted through the form will be considered valid for the prizes.
Submit your entries in the submission form by clicking on the submit button below:
Selection of Winners
The Winners will be selected on the following parameters:
- The Blogger with the maximum number of unique views on their customised link sent by us, Wins!
- The Blogpost should meet all the mandatory requirements
1. The winner will get the Chaliyar River Festival Package* worth Rs. 11000 and a special surprise travel discount.
2. The next 2 winners will get the Chaliyar River Festival Package* worth Rs. 11000
*The Chaliyar River Festival Package includes:
- Food and refreshments
- Kayaking for all the three days of the event
- Day 1 stay at Ruby Holiday home campsite in Mampad area
- Day 2 stay at Murinjamaad Island
- Day 3 stay at Jellyfish Campsite
3. The next 5 winners get a chance to experience kayaking and other activities for a day with Jellyfish Watersports.
Know more about the Chaliyar River Challenge by clicking the “Explore More” button below