Bollywood has always been a trend setter, from those bell bottom pants to the Tere Naam hairstyle, people go gaga over Bollywood. In India Bollywood is like a doctor and movies are the injection of trends in the audience. People live by bollywood here.
Stunts and adventure sports have always been an eye catcher in these Bollywood movies and gradually the adventure scene has grown from Akshay Kumar doing Sand Bashing in Deewane Huye Pagal to Hrithik Roshan Fly Boarding in Bang Bang. From stuntsmen to actors and actresses doing the stunts on their own, Bollywood has come a long way.
Recently Sushmita Sen going on a Scuba Diving Spree with her daughters caught the attention of the paparazzi. The craze of adventure sports has captured a lot of interest of our filmmakers. Because of the combination of Bollywood and Adventure Sports, nowadays people usher to plan their adventure trips inspired by bollywood movies which are now showcasing passion for travel and adventure.
Here’s The list we came up with of how adventure sports has evolved, with all the flaws and perfections in Bollywood Movies.
1. An Evening In Paris (1967): Water Skiing, Niagra Fall
Probably one of the most earliest scenes of Bollywood with an adventure sport in it. Mesmerizing Sharmila Tagore and the ever funny Shammi Kapoor enjoying water skiing when it was not even that famous.
This movie was famous for featuring Sharmila Tagore in a Bikini which was a rarity in those days.
2. Yaarana (1981) : Hang Gliding, Goregaon
Amitabh Bacchan doing the epic funny scene with a hang glider. Who thought in those times hang gliding would be used to perform stunts?
A beautiful movie featuring an unbreakable friendship between the two protagonists. This was a very vital scene from the movie where the economical differences between two characters were showcased.
3. Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander (1992): Cycling, Dehradun
The competition which had us on our toes. One of the most loved movies which inspired people to take up cycling as a sport. This scene features the competition from the climax scene.
4. Abhay (2001) : Bungee Jumping, Ooty
The villianous bungee jumping 😛
5. Dil Chahta Hai (2001): Jet skiing, Goa
The first movie to give us friendship goals 🙂 . A movie which showed us how many fun things can you do with your friends and also which showed us multiple adventure sport options.
6. Main Prem ki Diwani Hoon (2003) : SnowMobiles, New Zealand
Hrithik being the ultimate charmer yet the movie was a complete no brainer 😀 The only thing worth watching was the Snow Mobile. We’re adventure junkies you know 😉
7. Lakshya (2004): Mountain Climbing, Ladakh
Giving us the herioc feel! This movie showed us how thrilling and adventurous can it be to protect your country.
8. Deewane huye Paagal (2005) :ATV sand bashing, (UAE)
Akshay Kumar at his usual action best 😛 He had to be on this list 😉
9. Kaal (2005) : Corbett Safari
Thrilling plot with a spooky adventure Safari through Corbett National Park with amazing lead actors, we mean the Tigers 😛
10. Dhoom 2 (2006): Sand Surfing, Namibia
One of the most believable scene in the film. Hrithik again got us drooling….. Not over him but the Surf Board 😛
11. Blue (2009) : Water Scooter, Bahamas
Underwater tales of adventure, Blueeeeee! Which overshadowed even the actors. Remember who were they?
12. Aisha (2010): River Rafting ,Camping (Rishikesh,Uttaranchal)
The ever girly Sonam Kapoor and Charming Abhay Deol at their adventure best 😉
13. Raavan (2010): Climbing, Kerala (Athirappilly Falls)
The Ramayan gone awfully wrong. Still got us confused 😀
14. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011): Skydiving, (Seville),Deep sea diving (Costa Brava)
This movie! Giving us travel goals 🙂 An inspiration to beat your fears through adventure sports. One of our favorites form this list.
15. Kya Kool Hain Hum (2), (2012): Parasailing, Goa
Scared Riteish in for a long chat mid-air 😉
16. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013) :Camping, Snow Hiking (Gulmarg,Kashmir)
Friendship and love with a mix of adventure and travel. This movies showcased why we love adventure and to travel.
17. Shortcut Romeo (2013) : Hot Air Balloon,Masai Mara National Park(Kenya)
Next level of Romance, on a Hot Air Baloon. Something to nag your boyfriend about 😉
18. Ramaiya Vastavaiya (2013) : Surfing, Mantra Surf Club,Mangalore
Aayi wave and nikla Hero 😀 Gayi wave our ban gaya Zero 😀
19. Bang Bang (2014) : Flyboard, Abu Dhabi
Who would not want Hrithik to do such action scenes!
20. Ek Villain (2014) : Snorkeling, Mauritius
Blessed are those who have such partners.
21. Fugly (2014) : Road Trip, Ladakh
*The epic road trip feels*
Now which adventure sport would you love to do on you next trip? If you know of any other movies which we might have missed in this list, let us know in the comments section.