Maharashtra is gifted with the Sahyadri ranges. These ranges are rewarded with many historically significant forts. For us, these forts are a window to witness the skills of our ancestors and the beauty of the past. There is nothing better than going for a monsoon trek in the Sahyadris of Maharashtra.
On this monsoon trek through the Sahyadri range, we will be going through the Sandhan valley (one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadris), Ratangad fort (one of the most beautiful architectures in the region), Katrabai Pass (most important pass on Trans Sahyadri Trek which is also known as the passage between Ratangad and Harishchandragad), Kalad fort (a fort situated at 1150 meter above sea level) and the Harishchandragad (a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district that is responsible for protecting the Malshej Ghat and the surrounding region).
What to expect from this package:
- Travel from Kasara to Samrad in a jeep
- Travel from Khubi Phata back to Kalyan in ST bus
- A monsoon trek that will take you through the Sandhan Valley, Ratangad, Katrabai, Kalad Fort, Harishchandragad, Tolar khind & Khubi
- Meals during the trek
- Provisions of equipments and safety gears
|Start Date||24th June, 2017|
|End Date||26th June, 2017|
|Route||Kasara – Samrad – Sandhan Valley – Ratangad – Katrabai – Kalad Fort – Paachnai – Kokankada – Khireshwar – Kalyan|
|Trip Duration||24th June, 1 am – 26th June, 6.30 (tentative)|
|Trek Grade||Moderate to High|
Note: The stay will be in Caves or a local villager’s home, so accordingly bring your carry mat, sleeping bag or sheets
- If cancellation is done prior to 15 days of outing, 75% will be refunded
- If done prior to 10 days of outing, 50% will be refunded
- After that no refund will be provided
Day 1 - 24th June, 2017
Meeting at Kasara Railway Station at 1 am. Reach Samrad and take some rest at 4 am. Wake up at 6 am, have breakfast and tea and visit the Sandhan Valley entrance at 8 am. Back to the trail of Ratangad at 9 am. Reach Ratangad via Trambak Darwaja and explore the fort. We will rest in a cave so bring your sleeping bags accordingly.
Day 2 - 25th June, 2017
Wake up call at 6 am. Have breakfast and tea. Start the trek to Katrabai Pass by 7:30 am. Reach Kalad Fort and explore the fort. Post lunch, trek to Paachnai and reach Paachnai by 6 pm (tentative). Stay in a local villager’s house. Post dinner, retire for the day.
Day 3 - 26th June, 2017
Morning wake up call at 6 am. Have breakfast and tea. Start trek via Paachnai by 7 am. Reach Kokankada by 9:30 am. Back to Kedareshwar cave / Taramati. Post lunch, descend via Khireshwar route. Reach Khireshwar by 4.30 pm (tentative). Get on the ST Bus. Reach Kalyan.
Things To Carry
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Personal basic medical kit
- A haversack to put all these things
- Some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, Biscuits, glucon-D etc
- Mattress and one bed sheet (Compulsory)
- Good Quality torch with extra battery (Compulsory)
- Trekking/ Sports shoes (Compulsory)
- Two pairs of clothes
- Sleeping bag / Mat / Chadar
- Torch/Head lamp with extra battery