There is a lot of history, a lot of stories and a lot of beauty attached to the Harishchandragad fort, making the Harishchandragad trek a great trek for your weekend. Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
The fort is ancient and is known to be from the Medieval period. Remains of the Microlithic man have been found here. The route of the Harishchandragad trek is strewn with fascinating temples and caves. The caves were carved out in the 11th century and you can find idols of Lord Vishnu inside them. Moguls were the people who had full control over this fort initially, but the Marathas eventually captured the fort in 1747.
The more you read about the fort, the more fascinated you become with its story and the more fascinated you become, the more you feel like visiting it yourself. Why not just go ahead and do it then?
What to expect from this package:
- Transport from Kalyan and back
- Meals during the trek
- Tented accommodation
- Views of Taramati Peak (Second highest peak in Maharashtra), Kedareshwar cave, Ganesh cave, Ancient Lord Shiva Temple & the massive half circle cliff called Kokankada.
|Start Date||10th June 2017|
|End Date||11th June 2017|
|Route||Kalyan – Belpada – Harishchandragad – Belpada – Kalyan|
|Trip Duration||09 June 2017, 2145 hrs to 11 June 2017, 1600 hrs|
- Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from the start of the trek — 90% refund.
- Cancellation before 15 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
- Cancellation a week to the start of the trek — No refund.
Conquering the trail
Things To Carry
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Basic medical kit
- A haversack to put all these things
- Some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, Biscuits, Glucon-d etc
- Mattress and one Chaddar (Compulsory)
- Good Quality torch with extra battery (Compulsory)
- Trekking/ Sports shoes (Compulsory)