If the history, the stories and the beauty of the Harishchandragad fort were not enough to drive you here (which is quite rare), we are here with a special jungle trail to Harishchandragad and Purushwadi – A trail that leads to a swarm of beautiful light emitting fireflies.
Harishchandragad is a hill fort located in the Ahmednagar district of India. The fort is very ancient and is considered to be from the Medieval period. Remnants of the Microlithic man have been discovered here. The caves have also been carved out in the 11th century and there are idols of Lord Vishnu inside them. The Great Sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar) used to meditate here in the 14th century. The fort was later under the control of Moguls but was eventually captured by the Marathas in 1747.
This is a perfect weekend trip that you can lay your hands on. Wonder why? Where else do you get to see so many gems together – the Taramati Peak, the Kedareshwar Cave, the Ganesh Cave, the ancient Lord Shiva Temple, the Kokankada, Indrawajra and not to forget the mesmerising fireflies.
What to expect from this package:
- Views of Taramati Peak, Kedareshwar cave, Ganesh cave, Ancient Lord Shiva Temple, Massive half Circle cliff called Kokankada and an probability to experience Indrawajra
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara
- An opportunity to spot thousands of light flashing fireflies around you
|Route||Kasara – Pachnai – Harishchandragad – Pachnai – Kasara|
|Trip Duration||1 Night – 2 Days|
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from the start of the trek — 90% refund.
- Cancellation before 15 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
- Cancellation a week to the start of the trek — No refund.